5.03.2012

Keep 'em comin'

I am happy to report we have MORE eggs.  They counted 10 follicles on the right ovary and 12 follicles on the left ovary at this mornings ultrasound.  Yeah!!  It is really amazing to see them on the monitor; it is tangible evidence that there are little eggs just waiting their turn for a chance at making a miracle!  It is hard to believe we can fool our bodies so easily with synthetic hormones....

After my ultrasound, the clinic scheduled me for a follow up visit on Saturday, which has been the routine over the past week (seeing me every other day).  Then, they called this evening to give me my dose changes (which has also been routine), but asked me to come back tomorrow morning for another ultrasound.  Of course, we speak and I write down the times and dose changes and I hang up and think, huh, I wounder why??  I couldn't have possibly asked this question while we were on the phone!  "Hey, what is she thinking, why do they want me in tomorrow??"  Nooo, that would have just been logical!  For heaven sakes, I am a nurse; I get on the phone with a healthcare provider and I don't ask a single question?!?  What is my deal? 

Anyway, I am only speculating here, but I'm thinking the follicles may have been more mature than the ultrasound tech thought.  We may be getting close to retrieval...... but, again, only speculation.  Check back tomorrow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment