5.05.2012

Incubation

Hello again!  Things have been greatly uneventful over the last couple days.  Aside from stabbing myself a few times each night (and the subsequent bruising), I feel well.  I have been able to catch up on some reading and sleep.  I find that I am able to enjoy the downtime more than I thought I would, and that I am happiest if my mind is busy (preventing any worrisome thoughts).

My quickies with Mr. Ultrasound's wand show the follicles are growing nicely in little bunches (how else, since they are all x-chromosones, we girls stick together).  The "lead follicle" is on the right and is measuring at 18mm; the others are trailing behind at a close 12-13mm each.  On the left, the largest follicle is about 15.5mm with the others measuring about 12mm.  The gals at the clinic continue to be vague about when exactly they think retrieval might be, not even willing to take a guess, so I took it upon myself to do some (more) research. 

I found a website from a hospital based out of Illinois that described the IVF protocol for their program, and, after further investigation, I noted that it was very similar to my clinics outlined protocols.  The Illinois based program states that they look for three things when determining time frame for egg retrieval: (1) Two follicles (one on each ovary) measuring at 18mm or larger, (2) all other follicles measuring at 15mm or larger and (3) an estrogen level between 500-1500.  Now, I don't know my exact estrogen level, but I can tell you that sappy commercials are bringing me to tears; this is not my baseline.  And- I do know that my follicles are looking pretty good for retrieval within the next few days IF they keep growing at their current rate (I'm placing my money on Wednesday).  That would mean that my "trigger" shot would be scheduled for Monday night.... Any other speculators in the crowd?  Let me know what you think. 

Ian will be back down from Flag tomorrow, I am excited to have my chaperon and commandant back.  I have another ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow morning, so if anything changes you will find it here!  Have a great day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment