5.01.2012

Hen House

We have eggs!! About 14 total to be exact.  My ovaries are in overdrive putting their store of fragile eggs into fluid filled follicles so they will be ready for their big date with Mr. Sperm.  I am smiling from ear-to-ear; it feels so good to share GOOD news.  The shots continue and I will have another ultrasound on Thursday to evaluate my progress. 

All-in-all, I feel really good.  My abdomen is a little tender from all the shots (about $350 worth each night, it may as well be liquid gold at that cost!), and I cant tell if I'm swollen from the hormones or just plain chubby.  I got on the scale at the clinic today, at my own volition, and wished I hadn't when I saw the number.  The nurse practitioner was so sweet, she said "Don't you know not to do that when you're on all these hormones."  She was right.... it was a good thing I got to see the ultrasound after, or there might have been tears :)   Needless to say, I will NOT be doing that again. 

Ian and I are enjoying our uninterrupted time together.  We spent yesterday morning/afternoon by the pool and the evening eating good food and working on a puzzle that my mother-in-law sent me with (thanks Marsha!).  Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the warm weather!  Talk to you soon!      

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are on the right track. Miss you lots and am thinking good juju!

    Love,

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Shauna. Hope things are well at work; Let everyone know I say hi!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete