2.05.2013

28 Weeks

Hi all!  I am far delayed in this post!  There are a list of excuses that I have as to why I am tardy:
1. We painted the nursery and I took down my picture frame
2.  Ian was going to take a picture somewhere but we couldn't decide
3. Since we couldn't decide, we just didn't take a picture
4.  Kristin came for a visit.
Please forgive me and read on to hear about the past few weeks.

Week: 28
Baby: Measuring 17 inches and weighing in at 2.9 lbs!  His weight has almost doubled since last month.
Gender: Boy
Measurements: Okay, I’m going to say it…. I have officially hit the 20 pound weight gain mark!  Ahh!  I have NEVER seen those numbers on the scale and its starting to scare me a little.  Clearly, I won’t be on the lower end of the weight gain recommendations with 12 weeks to go, but I hope that means I will have a good sized baby in April J
Fashion Choices:  I am having lots of fun wearing the maternity shirts I got for Christmas and started to collect.  Somehow, it makes the pregnancy feel more official.  Thankfully, I am still in my normal jeans.  Maternity jeans are on the horizon I guess, but I am holding out for as long as possible. 
Movement:  He is starting to pack a punch!  His movements are visible through my shirt and it makes me laugh to see my belly contort and deform to his movements.  He is especially active after I eat something sweet (he takes after me).  I asked my OB when she would be able to feel his body structures and position – she says by 32 weeks!
Symptoms:  Nausea is looong gone; tiredness is creeping back in.  I am feeling a lot of stretching in my lower abdomen as expected, and some lower back ache at the end of the day, but my joy dilutes any discomfort I may have.  I feel great!
Cravings: Nothing really.  But I will say, if I see something that I want i.e. cake, I WILL eat it.  Hmmm, this could, in some way, be related to the weight gain….
Aversions:  Nothing to be noted that is out of the ordinary.
Work:  Still there.  I am working until labor contractions start (I say this now).
Labor:  My Braxton-Hicks contractions have started, but are intermittent and unpredictable.
This Month:  We have been busy this month getting the nursery ready.  Our large purchase was the crib.  This was the only piece of furniture that we had to buy for the nursery, so we decided to go against our better judgment and buy it from Pottery Barn.  We justified the higher price tag with higher quality and years of use.  It was TOTALLY worth it.  The crib is beautiful and sturdy and exactly what we wanted!  We picked out the colors for the walls using the Sherwin-Williams app on my phone (I highly recommend this to anyone who is painting a room and needs coordinating color suggestions!)  Ian and Marsha (mom-in-law) did a BEAUTIFUL job painting!  We chose a royal blue with a silvery grey that give off a calming affect in the room and I am proud to report it has been cleared by the interior designer of the family – thank you Kristin!  Now, its time to move on to a “theme” and start shopping for beddingJ    
Can’t Wait!:  Ian and I are going to Phoenix the first weekend in February to get ideas for our registry.  It will be nice to get our hands on the baby stuff and see it in person.  We also went to our first parenting class, not much to report there, but we do have our labor class coming up in a few weeks and that should be fun! 
Count Down:  84 days left!  It has gone so fast!

1 comment: