2.24.2013

32 Weeks

Week: 32
Baby: 19 inches and 4.5 pounds! A little (big) honeydew!
Gender: Boy
Measurements:  He is measuring one week big according to the measuring tape over the belly button test!  I am hopeful that this means he will be a healthy, robust little boy (and that he will be here by his due date).  My growing belly keeps me aware that we will be welcoming our son into our lives pretty soon!
Fashion Choices:  I am happy to report that I have yet to purchase any maternity jeans!  Motherhood Maternity was having a sale on their jeans, and I was tempted to buy some cute colored skinny’s, but I resisted, knowing that I would much rather have colored skinny’s that fit AFTER pregnancy.  I’m holding out, but I don’t know how much longer my jeans will…    
Movement:  He is moving a TON!  The movement has escalated from gentle jabs to stomach-morphing-through-clothes pressure.  He is definitely putting his whole 4.5 pounds into it.  At our most recent check up, the doctor found him to be in the breech position.  She told me we shouldn’t “worry” until 36 weeks and to assume the “bottom’s up” position as often as possible.  You all may appreciate that this post is being written in the modified child’s pose/squat yoga position otherwise know as…. Well, you know J     
Symptoms:  Oh my gosh!  I have restless leg syndrome SO BAD!  When I try to lie down and rest at night, whether in bed or on the couch, I CANNOT keep my legs still and it is making me (and Ian) CRAZY!  This is a hidden symptom of pregnancy that not many people talk about!  I am also having trouble sleeping at night.  I can’t seem to get comfortable, regardless of how many pillows I have to adjust and reposition to my comfort; I’ve also become (I hate to admit) an avid “drooler!”  I’ve started sleeping with a towel on my pillow; it has gotten that bad!  I also have the usual indigestion and shortness of breath, but they remind me daily that I am growing a baby! 
Cravings: Frozen yogurt and berries, but I enjoy these things every other day too.
Aversions:  Crowded spaces…. Back up people!  You’re taking my fresh air!
Work:  Going well.  Scheduled to work up until my due date!
Labor:  My Braxton-Hicks contractions have picked up!  I notice that they are more frequent when my bladder is full or when I have been standing in one position for a long period of time.  We took a labor class and got a lot of good tips on making it through the stages of labor.  I have been closely studying these knowing that they will come in handy in the coming weeks!
This Month:  Busy, busy, busy pretty much sums it up!  We are registered for our impending baby shower; the nursery is really coming together thanks to Ian and my in-laws; we have been tossing around baby names; lots of practice in our childbirth education classes.  We are ready for this baby!
Can’t Wait!  Baby shower this Saturday!  I am so excited!!  My sister, Michelle, is coming in from Seattle and my mom’s family is coming in from Utah and Missouri!  I feel so important J.  
Count Down:  8 WEEKS left!  Time is flying!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad that I can't make it to your shower! I had restless legs too, my Dr. told me it was calcium deficiency, but I'm not so sure, after she told me that, I started drinking a lot more milk and eating cheese and yogurt and it didn't make a lick of difference. She gave me a prescription for Ambien and that was how I was able to get relief. Good luck with the last few weeks! We are so excited for you! You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete