3.27.2013

36 Weeks

Week: 36
Baby: 19-22 inches and 6.5 pounds! He is the size of a watermelon!
Gender: Boy
Measurements:  This post is slightly delayed because I was waiting for the actual ultrasound measurements.  Many will be surprised that he is measuring at 38 weeks (I’m 36 and 5 days today) and 7 pounds 10 ounces (plus or minus a pound) based on the ultrasound!  Our ultrasound tech said he was in no way a small baby J Yay!  I was elated to hear this because I still look pretty small but I knew he must be big!      
Fashion Choices:  This question is getting redundant.  Same as before but now that it is warming up, I don’t have many short sleeve shirts to squeeze into.  I can’t justify buying more maternity shirts that I might only be able to wear for a few weeks (or less).  
Movement:  Baby is head down!! I am so relieved!  I had talked myself into a c-section, so it had kind of grown on me; scheduled, no labor, planned… But really, I couldn’t be happier that I get to go the natural route as originally planned.
Symptoms:  I see why expectant moms say “I’m done” at this point in their pregnancy.  He likes to get his foot up under my ribs and keep me up at all hours of the night trying to get comfortable.  In between periods of discomfort, I’m getting out of bed to use the bathroom and chug water (almost 2 liters at night alone).   My nausea is back with a vengeance and I am having a hard time pushing through as I did in the first trimester.  The combination of discomfort and exhaustion has my reserves pretty well depleted.  I broke down and got a prescription for anti-nausea meds.  I am hoping it will get me through these last weeks.  
Cravings: Mr. Misty, Starburst.
Aversions:  Any smells, good or bad; just makes my stomach turn.
Work:  11 shifts left!
Labor:  My body is definitely warming up to have this baby.  My doctor said he is very low in my pelvis and my contractions are becoming more frequent.  He could come anytime J
This Month:  Nursery is done, baby laundry is done, bag is packed!  I had a wonderful baby shower with fantastic food and company!  
Can’t Wait!: For Liam to get here!!
Count Down:  Day 300 of pregnancy has come and gone.  3 weeks left as of this Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rach! Great update :-) I was wondering if you could answer a question about your blog! My name is Heather and if you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete