12.01.2012

20 Weeks

Week: 20
Baby: Measuring at 7 inches! Weight at 11oz.  The size of a banana. 
Gender Prediction: I’m feeling girl……. I was WAY off.  We’re having a BOY! 
Measurements: Full-on baby bump!  So much fun!
Fashion Choices:  I plan to wear my clothes as long as I can.  I’m not sure if this is denial/refusal to admit I might actually grow out of my current wardrobe or the fact that maternity clothes aren’t cheap and commonly unflattering.   
Movement: Yes, definitely a yes!  I just felt him with my hands this morning and can’t wait for the moment Ian can steal a feel too!  He moves a lot in the early morning hours, and more recently, I have felt him during random times of the day.  I love having this reassurance that my baby is still growing J
Symptoms:  I will say with caution that my vomiting has subsided.  The nausea has almost completely gone, but occasionally pops up with certain “triggers” such as smelling food, talk of sputum, looking at food on Pinterest…  My low back is starting to feel sore at the end of the day and I get an occasional sciatica twinge with position changes.  Really, it could be worse!
Cravings: I am waiting for something to just jump out at me that say’s “EAT ME NOW” but this has yet to happen.
Aversions:  Reading recipes, looking at food. 
Work:  I’m still going strong!  I also have a New Grad nurse I can use as a slave for the next few months (no, not really Bridget)…
Labor:  I was able to see a REAL LIVE BIRTH!  It has changed me (for the better) and I visualize each day that mine will go as smoothly.
This week (or should I say month):  We found out we were having a boy.  I was in pure shock as the ultrasound tech wrote “BOY” on the screen and said “Congratulations, you’re having a boy!”  I had to make her double check.  She asked Ian and I before she started what we thought and we said simultaneously boy/girl respectively.  Ian was right!  And he was so overjoyed he yelled “YES” and threw his arms in the air as if he made a winning touchdown.  I want to remember that day forever.  We were most happy to hear he was healthy, and then that he was a he.  Also, Grant and Kristin had their precious baby boy.  They named him Emmett Jones Holdsworth.  He came out at 8lbs1oz and sweet as pie.  I love him so much already!
Can’t Wait!:  I love the holiday season and I look forward to putting out our decorations and hosting family.  It’s the most wonderful time of the year to be pregnant; lots of homemade treats and drinking hot cocoa snuggled under a blanket.  I hope that the Christmas Season finds everyone happy and healthy.
Count Down:  Not counting down to anything right now, just enjoying every moment of this pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment