4.22.2012

Vagal Manuvers

I must start by saying that we know nothing new at this point. We have to wait, patiently (yeah right), for a freeze to thaw test and viability screen to know if the sperm are (1) alive and (2) mature enough for fertilization. Once again, the Jeopordy theme song plays on in my mind...

Although, I can say, we (or should I say Ian) made it through the procedure. I'm not sure yet if "made it" gives us (Ian) enough justice for the Swiss-Cheese-Syndrome he is currently experiencing in his gentelmans area, but I digress. After using local lidocaine (at which point Ian attempted to jump off the table and abort all agreements to mutilate his tenders) they took six core samples of actual testicle, three form each one (top, middle, and bottom). When they were finished, they brought him back to the observation area and came and summoned me from the waiting area. Ian was doing well at this point and was able to tolerate sitting in the wheelchair. He felt good enough to get dressed, so the girls wheeled him to the bathroom and I followed him in (thank God!) to help him. Once he took his boxers off to sit on the toilet he had an indescribable pain (if I were a man I may be able to come close to describing it, but I won't be able to give it justice here) and started to say "I think I'm going to pass out..." at which point he actually did. Now, I am standing in the bathroom with my unconscious husband and thinking "there is no way I am going to be able to pick this guy up off the toilet.." So I call for help and in walks a 5' nothing tech and we are now both thinking the same thing. Luckily, Ian came to and he was able to walk himself to a nearby gurney. They hooked him up to a vital signs machine and his blood pressure and heart rate were really low; he vagaled down because the pain was that intense! I felt to guilty to be standing there pain free at that moment (Ian later cashed in on this moment). Once he was stable, we got him to the car and we made it home with no further mishaps.

Now, he has his Percocet and ice bag within arms reach and is doing pretty good for himself considering he was able to talk his guilty wife into getting him the new iPad and is sole owner of the remote. Monday, I have an ultrasound to make sure no cysts have popped up on my ovaries from the injections, and I'll have a chance to insist I know the results of Ian's procedure (citing my meds for any rude, demanding behavior...). Keep up the prayers and good thoughts until then. I'll be sure to post an update when I hear any new news!

2 comments:

  1. Nick almost vagaled on me in the parking lot after his vasectomy! I had Logan in one arm and holding on to him trying to get him in the car at the same time, 30 more seconds of standing and he would have gone down! You will have less sympathy after you give birth :) He better have a really good present for you once that baby come outta you! Hope all goes well with his healing and praying for + results for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, from Kim Jacobellis :)

    ReplyDelete