4.10.2012

Apothecary

Hello all and thanks for checking in.  I am proud to announce that my Lupron showed up this afternoon!!  FedEx overnight from The Apothecary Shop out of Tempe.  Many of you will not be surprised when I say that I have read through ALL the inserts, much of which is repeat info from the clinic or just nursing in general.  My purpose was to find the common side effects so they could start taking a placebo effect before I even take my first injection :)  I was hoping for something along the lines of "these COMMON and PERSISTENT side effects may occur: radiant skin, healthy/shiny hair, beautiful nails, weight loss without exercise, endless energy, mad cooking/baking skills."  Much to my disappointment, the "COMMON and PERSISTENT side effects are: breast tenderness, constipation, decreased sex drive, nausea, vomiting, pain, swelling..." just to name a few.  Awe well, there is the COMMON phase "No pain, No gain" so BRING IT ON :)

I have a new theme song for the coming weeks.  Its Shots by LMFAO featuring Little John -
Shots shots shots shots shots,
Shots shots shots shots shots,
Shots shots shots shots shots shots.
(you can probably guess how it finishes)
Except I am doing mine at home.... with a needle..... into my fat.  Hahaha!

Only positive thoughts going on over here at the Modrell hoursehold.  Check back for updates from Ian's procedure happening next week!  Hugs to all!

4 comments:

  1. Love the updates!!! Happy thoughts!! Keep them coming!! Jen Caulkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet Jen! Thanks for the happy thoughts! It's so nice to know you're checking in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be on the watch out for crazy hormonal Rach! :) You guys are such troopers, hang in there!!!! :) Kim J

    ReplyDelete