9.19.2012

Copy Cat

So, I have been thinking and working for some time on this dry erase baby board.  I snagged the idea from this creative, hilarious blogger that Kristin (my sis-in-law) introduced me to when I needed a cheering up.  I have always considered myself moderately crafty…then, I found this blog and can’t even place myself in the semi-crafty or slightly crafty category.  This gal uses a chalkboard for weekly pregnancy updates and is a true artist.  I plan to copy (nearly) all her ideas, from the nursery, to baby supplies, to maternity clothes J 

This project took quite some time, in part because I am a perfectionist, but also because I shopped around for months at consignment, thrift and second hand stores for months to find a wooden frame WITH quality glass.  This was key because I hoped to refinish the wood and write directly on the glass.  I picked this one up at Hodge Podge, a second hand store mostly know for selling used medical supplies; fourteen dollars!  Can you believe that?  What a deal.  Then I picked out a few fabric backgrounds from Joann’s and had Ian refinish the frame and decide which fabric contrasted best with the dry erase markers. 

After writing the message, erasing it and writing in again to erase it again, I finally took my horoscopes advice and decided to not be disappointed by my full fledged disillusionment that this board might turn me into an artist and accept it for a board to enjoy taking pictures of and posting to my blog to keep everyone updated on my pregnancy.  So, while it’s no where near what I have envisioned, it will be a great way to document my pregnancy over the coming weeks and months!   

2 comments:

  1. I think it's adorable! What's the great blog you've been reading? I love getting jealous of others' crafty skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! The blog I have been follow is littlebabygarvin.com, this woman is truly amazing!

      Delete